Friday, February 3, 2012

Setting Intentions Can Be Scary!

It is one thing to step securely on the sand and let your feet be lapped by the waves- it is another thing entirely to be in the water, toes touching nothing, being part of the vastness, lifted by the waves. Setting intentions and aligning them with purpose has been like that for me. After having taken Rolf Gate's "Living on Purpose" workshop I have been writing and noting (scribing and observing). I made a list of opportunities I am ready for. I really thought about what my purpose, service and mission are. I sat with my eyes closed and my mind focused to FEEL how I wanted them to manifest. Much is the same: intent is different. My vision has become more precise as "the universe has difficulty supporting ambivalence". So integration and unification has been the path of the last few weeks. Reviewing choices about my activities, selecting them wisely and putting them in concert with my intentions has created a powerful energy flow in my life. This has been the toes on the shore portion of the process. In the sea: the opportunities have undulated towards me. I have had people come to me, unbidden, to help me out with facets of my dreams. I have had calls and contacts from across the country in Maryland to invite me to come and play; to teach and to remember my community. I was able to find an error in an important piece of work and, with grace and support, was able to get it fixed. I am, again, ok with mistakes - they do not drown me. I can relax and re-work, repair and restore. So... Beware and rejoice! The bounty of the universe may be yours, too!

2 comments:

  1. I love your quote, "the universe has difficulty supporting ambivalence." It's one thing to have daydreams about how you want things to work out, but it becomes very different: more real and often more scary when you make it concrete in writing and even more so when you're feeling it in the body. Thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing more about how the intentions you set unfold for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been a very meaningful quote to me, too. I have to really think about what I am intending and what is just a passing fancy. It can also help me source "disappointment". Thank you for your comment. Be well

    ReplyDelete