Sunday, April 22, 2012

Gratitude Fills My Heart

THREE YEARS AGO THIS HAPPENED

A short note with a BIG THANK YOU to Rob and Angie of our local recovery bookstore; All About Recovery. They hosted a wonderful book signing for me to welcome my book "Yoga and The Twelve Step Path" into the world.

Now, again, All About Recovery is holding a grand RE-Opening of the store August 15th, 2015 from 11am to 3pm. There will be a celebration with food prizes and at 1pm I will be signing my NEW BOOK "Life in Bite Sized Morsels- Learning to Live Life on Life's Terms".


This is how it unfolded in 2012: 

I arrived early to see if I needed to do anything to help prepare and to find out what the process would be. They had everything under control: coffee hot and water cool for the event. Even a popcorn machine was out and ready, giving the space a festival feel.

 As an extra added attraction their daughter in law was set up to do chair massage. I was the first one to take advantage of this offer - and she gave me the most wonderful massage - gratis - effectively petting all my fur into the right direction. I calmed down, got centered, used my breath and - well not quite relaxed - but moved into the moment. As I was draped over the chair I heard the first person come in asking about the signing and the book. It is really happening.

Even before 2pm folks were coming in. Friends brought snacks, they chatted and walked around the store. They bought cards, CDs and books. I was able to witness the interconnectedness of people in the area - folks who knew each other unbeknownst to me. With the conversational buzz and greetings shouted across the room, and general feeling of excitement; it was a PARTY! Seated at a table in the back of the lovely air conditioned shop I was able to spend a few minutes with each person who came. That made it even better than a party where you really don't get to SEE everyone who comes because you are dashing about.

At this celebration I got moments with each person. I saw people who had driven quite a distance, people I hadn't seen in years, and people who were an unexpected surprise. At 5pm, an hour after the signing was to have been done, I grabbed a treat from the snack table and wandered off to my truck and home, exhausted but delighted. I thank you all! I am so grateful, Namaste.

Kyczy Hawk E-RYT200, RTY500 is the author of "Yoga and the Twelve Step Path" ans "Life in Bite Sized Morsels", a leader of Y12SR classes, and the creator of SOAR(tm) (Success Over Addiction and Relapse) a teacher certification training. 


Follow her ONLINE recovery infused yoga classes 
http://yogarecovery.studiolivetv.com/MemberRegistrationYR.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment